In the last 12 months, businesses all over the world demonstrated their ability to adapt to a more digitally advanced environment. We saw employees across various industries including education, healthcare and government widen their skillsets to meet the changing circumstances and new demands.
Despite being somewhat forced to digitally transform, many businesses have since reaped the benefits of having a more digitally capable team, making strong data literacy an extremely valuable and highly sought-after employee skill.
As we begin a new calendar year, there has never been a better time to upskill data in your organisation.
Keeping up with accelerating trends
Current trends in the data space such as AI, machine learning, business intelligence and automation have seen extraordinary acceleration and adoption this year and they’ll only accelerate further as we emerge with new expectations. The challenge for CEOs and executives is equipping their employees with the skillsets to keep up with these trends as the global demand for more skilled highly workers increases. Without data upskilling, businesses run the risk of falling behind competitors and trends.
The increasing demand for data literacy
Strong data literacy has become one of the most highly sought-after employee skills in the last twelve months as the benefits of a digitally capable workforce and business were made abundantly clear. However, researchers at RMIT Online found that there is still a prominent and expanding gap in the Australian workforce’s digital skills as 88 per cent of employers struggle to fill gaps in their business.
Upskilling data presents the perfect opportunity for businesses to work towards closing the skills gap whilst maintaining their existing workforce.
We’ve collated a list of the many benefits upskilling your data can have for your organisation:
- Uplifted data literacy levels can reduce potential privacy and security risks and ensures the ethical use, handling and sharing of data
- Significantly reduce manual efforts and resources to improve overall operational efficiencies
- Highly trained employees that are fully equipped with advanced skills provides a competitive advantage for your businesses
- Ease of reporting through automation
- Demonstrating investment in your team’s professional development can boost morale and performance as well as employee retention rate
- Uplifting the skills of your existing workforce through training and development programs can be more cost-effective than outsourcing
- Stay up to date with and even ahead of market trends
Get ahead now and upskill data in your organisation
A new calendar year represents the perfect opportunity for you to invest in the development your team’s professional skills.
In 2021, GWI is offering complimentary virtual workshops to help you upskill your team to enhance their data literacy and understanding of the ethical use of data. We’ve worked with organisations across a number of sectors to upskill and retrain workforces into becoming more digitally-driven. GWI’s expertise in data and information spread across data literacy, security and privacy, data ethics and data governance.
Please get in contact with us for more information and to arrange a presentation for your team.