CQUniversity has experienced exponential growth in recent years across student numbers, infrastructure, courses and staff. To accommodate for this growth, CQUniversity needed to develop a multi-year information and communication technology (ICT) strategic plan to align with the University Plan.
GWI collaborated with the university’s Information and Technology Directorate (IaTD) to develop the new ICT strategic plan, supporting higher level strategies over one, three and five years.
The plan aligned ICT as a key enabler of organisational change in the way that teaching and research is supported.
To deliver this engagement, GWI undertook a number of activities including:
- High level review and analysis of existing university strategic plans to identify key areas of alignment for the ICT strategic plan
- Review/analyse existing IaTD annual and operational plans to identify key integration points and alignments
- Consideration of IT elements including end user computing, communications platforms, networking and network equipment, software licenses and contracts and ICT-intensive facilities
- Specific consideration of the enterprise content management and knowledge management elements of the plan as they related to a digital operating environment
- Identification and analysis of IaTD Capital Projects plans for 2015-2018 as the basis for portfolio design within the ICT strategic plan.
GWI delivered an ICT Strategic Plan aligned to the CQUniversity’s University Plan, integrated with IT Operational Plans and IT Portfolio Investment Plans. Now with a clear understanding of their ICT capabilities and process, CQUniversity can continue to grow and provide better services to support the higher education of their students.