GWI successfully completed a global market scan of ICT solutions and vendors aligned to the specific requirements identified by a complex government ERP replacement program.
To ensure that our client had a complete picture of available options, GWI devised a five-stage approach to the market scan activity that aimed to provide the client with a global, detailed and exhaustive view of the market:
- Stage 1: Document review and requirements analysis (discovery exercise).
- Stage 2: Drafting of survey documents.
- Stage 3: Shortlisting exercise to remove vendors who demonstrated no/limited capacity through the initial interview process (data cleanse and analysis).
- Stage 4: A further validation interview of remaining shortlisted vendors.
- Stage 5: Completing a ranking and assessment of responses that are likely to meet or exceed the client’s requirements for production in a report, and a series of multi-mode dashboards (report).
GWI approached 164 vendors and specialist providers from across the globe. We asked over 20,000 questions and conducted detailed interviews with 29 vendors to assess the validity and accuracy of responses.
These findings and recommendations were incorporated into a development roadmap that has been used to inform the procurement approach for a substantial digital transformation project.